Winter-Spring 2016 SCHEDULE
Sign-Up: Anytime starting Tuesday, Jan. 12
Session Starts: Thursday, Jan. 21 at 9:30 a.m.
Session Ends: First week of May
Register starting Tuesday, Jan 12 at Event Calendar or at Children's Desk.
BABIES & BOOKS SESSIONS
Babies & Books is offered twice a year: in the Fall and in the Winter-Spring. Sessions meet on Thursdays at 9:30 a.m. and are 20-25 minutes long.
Ages: Infants to 18 months
Older siblings are welcome to participate if they bring their own "baby"--a doll or teddy bear.
Activities include lap rhymes, songs, simple stories and rhythm play.
BABIES & BOOKS GOALS
1. To introduce babies to the library atmosphere, other adults and children.
2. To foster an enjoyment of words, rhythm and rhyme.
3. To experience age-appropriate activities that will encourage language skills.
4. To give parents/caregivers ideas for nurturing their children’s mental development.
BABIES & BOOKS PARENT GUIDELINES
- Adult caregiver participates with all activities. Any older siblings may attend if they also participate. They should bring their own “baby” – doll, teddy bear, or long-limbed stuffed animal
- Please be on time; small children do best with uninterrupted routines.
- Please do not bring toys or snacks; we supply toys for the playtime.
- In the event of severe weather, Babies & Books will be canceled when Middlebury Public Schools are canceled. When in doubt, please call the library.
- Questions? Call the library at 825-5601 and ask for Barb W.