Winter/Spring 2018 SCHEDULE
Session Starts: Thursday, February 1 at 10:00 a.m.
Session Ends: May 3
Register: Starting Monday, January 15 at Event Calendar or at Children's Desk.
No Sessions: March 22 and April 5
BABIES & BOOKS SESSIONS
Babies & Books is a weekly program offered in the Fall and Winter/Spring. Sessions meet on Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. and are 20-25 minutes long.
Ages: Infants to 18 months
Older siblings are welcome to participate.
Activities include lap rhymes, songs, simple stories and rhythm play.
BABIES & BOOKS GOALS
1. To introduce babies to the library atmosphere, other adults and children.
2. To foster an enjoyment of words, rhythm and rhyme.
3. To experience age-appropriate activities that will encourage language skills.
4. To give parents/caregivers ideas for nurturing their children’s mental development.
BABIES & BOOKS PARENT GUIDELINES
- Adult caregiver participates with all activities. Any older siblings may attend if they also participate. They should bring their own “baby” – doll, teddy bear, or long-limbed stuffed animal
- Please be on time; small children do best with uninterrupted routines.
- Please do not bring toys or snacks.
- In the event of severe weather, Babies & Books will be canceled when Middlebury Public Schools are canceled. When in doubt, please call the library.
- Questions? Call the library at 825-5601 and ask for Barb W.