NOOK Troubleshooting Guide
Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) will not recognize my Nook
The likely problem is your Nook came preloaded with an ADE folder. So your computer's ADE program won't recognize your device.
1. Using your computer (with your Nook connected), go to "My Computer" (or the equivalent on your PC or MAC)
3. Find and copy the file ".adobe-digital-editions" to your desktop. Delete the file from your Nook drive.
4. Safely eject and unplug the Nook from your computer.
5. Close ADE on your computer.
7. Plug the Nook back to the computer.
8. ADE should display the Nook icon and prompt you to authorize the device.
9. If not, go back to the Nook drive in "My Computer".
10. Find and delete the "Digital Editions" file.
13. ADE should display the Nook icon and prompt you to authorize the device.
I Get a "Transfer Error" when using my Nook
1. Make sure your computer is properly authorized:
a. In ADE, go to Help > Authorization Information.
b. The authorization window opens and shows your computer's current ID.
c. If your computer isn't yet authorized, please activate it before continuing.
2. Close ADE and wait a few seconds.
3. Reset the ADE folder on the NOOK. For this step you need to close ADE.
a. Connect your Nook to your computer (if not already connected.)
b. Double click your Nook under "My Computer" or "Computer".
4. Locate the folder .adobe-digital-editions and delete it.
5. Open ADE on your computer, then try transferring the eBook again.
Can you teach me to use my Nook
We are happy to try and help you get library eBooks working with your device. To learn more about using your Nook, try some of these training videos and tutorials
from Barnes and Nobles.
Additional help: Call the library (825-5601).
Information provided by the Porter County Public Library