Kindle Fire/Kindle Fire HD
An original Kindle will NOT work with our eBook Catalog.
Download Blio, an eReader app:
1. To download from websites other than Amazon: Tap top of screen for settings menu. Tap: "More"> "Device" >Allow Installation of Apps - "On" (Button is lit.)
2. From home screen, tap "Web".
3. Go to: http://bits.blioreader.com/update
4. Tap "Blio3.1.3PROD.apk" to download Blio eReader App. Tap "OK".
5. Kindle Fire: in upper left corner, tap the number that appears next to "My Kindle". Once the download is complete, tap the Blio file to install. Then tap "Open"
Kindle Fire HD: in upper left corner, tap Web Content menu icon beneath "My Kindle. Tap Downloads, Once the download is complete, tap the Blio file to install. Then tap "Open"
6. Once Blio is opened on your device, Create your account with an email and password.
Check Out eBook
1. Using browser, go to www.mdy.lib.in.us. In right sidebar, touch eBook Catalog. At the top right, tap login. Use your card number and PIN. If you don't have a PIN, contact the Front Desk.
(Don't click "Go" from keypad screen. Minimize keypad and tap "Login".
2. Find a book and tap it. The book's page opens and shows whether it is available.
3. On the book's page, "Blio" format should be selected ( blue indicates selection ). ePub format will not work on Kindle Fires.
4. Tap "Check out." (This will ONLY PROCESS the request but does not download it onto your device.) You will be asked for your Blio account information (email and password). Note Blio Account info is different than Library Account info.
5. Exit internet and open Blio on your Kindle Fire/HD.
Tap "Download". May take a few moments for download.
- To access Blio, make sure your "App" page is set to "Device" NOT "Cloud".
- To return a book early, tap and HOLD the cover. Tap "Return Book".
- An eBook, like a regular book, may only be checked out to one patron at a time.
Call the library (825-5601) or