Tip: It is helpful to print out this guide and work from a printed version.
USING YOUR COMPUTER
1. Download Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) onto your COMPUTER. (Google search Adobe Digital Editions) and install. ADE supports the eBook Format EPUB. ADE is NOT the same as Adobe Reader.
2. Double Click on Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) icon to open.
3. Create ID: Click on "Help" then "Authorize Computer." This will prompt you to create your ID.
4. Go to www.mdy.lib.in.us. In right sidebar, click on eBook Catalog. Using your card number and PIN, log on to eBook Catalog. If you don't have a PIN, contact the Front Desk (825-5601).
6. Click "EPUB" ( BLIO will not work)
7. Click "Check out." (This will ONLY PROCESS the request but will not put it anywhere.)
9. When prompted, click "Open". This will open the book shelf in ADE.
10. Plug Nook into your computer.
11. Go to "My Computer" and double click "Nook" to open.
12. In ADE (on computer), right click on your book title.
14. On the right hand side in middle of screen, click on the Arrow (opens Nook file folder)
15. Drag your ADE eBook file to your Nook file folder.
16. Disconnect your Nook.
USING YOUR NOOK HD/HD+
17. Click "Library", "My Files", your eBook title and start reading.
- Do not download anything directly to your Nook even if it has internet access.
- You will have to check eBooks out through your computer every time using Steps 4-9, then follow steps 10-16 to transfer an eBook to your Nook.
- To return an eBook early: on your computer using ADE, right click on book and select "return item".
- You can also read the eBook on your computer.
Nook Troubleshooting Guide or call the library (825-5601).