National Poetry Month
If you’ve ever wanted to try reading or writing poetry, this is your chance! For National Poetry Month this April, you can pick up a poetry packet with poems and poetry-writing prompts for every age. For the month of April, we will also have a magnetic poetry board posted in the library, where you can arrange magnetic words to create your own poem!
Below are some more resources to help you find poems in our collection and get creative with words.
Find poetry in our collection:
· Find poetry e-books on Hoopla: Find Poetry Month 2021 Ebooks – Page 1 – hoopla (hoopladigital.com)
· Find poetry audiobooks on Hoopla: Find Poetry Month Audiobooks – Page 1 – hoopla (hoopladigital.com)
· Find print poetry books from the library
Get more poetry in your life!
· Sign up to be emailed a poem every day: https://poets.org/poem-a-day
· Upcoming poetry readings and events (many of these are online): https://poets.org/poetry-near-you
· Download this poetry app to read poetry on the go: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/foundation/mobile
Make a poem!
· Poetry writing activities for kids, teens, and adults: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/library/prompts
· 30 poetry games and activities for kids: https://www.weareteachers.com/poetry-games-for-the-classroom/
· Tips for writing poems: https://www.masterclass.com/articles/how-to-write-poetry#11-rules-for-writing-good-poetry
· Make a poetry chapbook: https://www.pw.org/content/diy_how_to_make_and_bind_your_own_chapbook